How does one become a Member of the Cooperative?
To qualify as a member of Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Ltd one must satisfy the conditions set below and must be within the field of membership consisting of the following bands:
- Employed by an NGO, which has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Cooperative.
- Formerly employed by an NGO, which had signed a memorandum of understanding with the Cooperative.
- Employed by an NGO operating in Zambia subject to: a. Signing a memorandum of understanding with the Cooperative.b. Joining the Cooperative with a minimum of five (5) members.
- Is willing to abide by the Cooperative Act, Rules and these By-laws.
- An applicant shall complete a membership application form, which will be considered by the Board before being admitted to the Cooperative.
How to stop being a member
How does one stop being a member of the Cooperative?
Membership in the Cooperative may cease with effect from the date a member:
- Is expelled from the Cooperative
- Withdraws all her/his shareholdings
- Is certified insane by a qualified medical practitioner
- A member may at anytime withdraw from the Cooperative by giving 60 days written notice.